Here is the recipe for the cake that I posted on Facebook
- 250ml/9fl oz sunflower oil
- 300g/11oz self raising flour
- 3tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250gm/9oz soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 11oz marrow flesh – this can be grated or chopped but does need to be squeezed of excess liquid before putting in cake mixture
- 200gms/7oz pecans roughly chopped using 150g of the pecans for the cake & 50g for the topping.
For the icing
- 50g/2oz butter, softened
- 250g/9oz cream cheese
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
Now the recipe states that you should do various parts of the recipe in stages but I just put it all into a mixing bowl apart from the oil (which i added last) and turned it on until it was smooth and mine turned out ok.
Tip the mixture into the cake tin smooth the top and bake for approx 1hr 20mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Place the whole tin on a cooling rack for 30 mins then remove from the tin and wait until cold before icing.
To make the icing just put all the ingredients together and beat until smooth. Then sprinkle over the remaining pecans (I didn’t have enough which is why my top has none!)