Here is the promised recipe for the blackberry & apple cobbler
Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7/fan oven 200C
For the topping
- 200g/8oz Self raising flour
- 85g/3oz butter – cut into pieces
- 50g/2oz brown sugar (actually any sugar will do)
- 150g Natural yoghurt – I didn’t have enough so I also added a dollop of Philidelphia
For the filling
- 2 Bramley apples – peeled & sliced (you can use more but this is all I had)
- Approx 9oz Blackberries, rinsed – I didn’t weigh mine just used what we picked
- 2oz white sugar (or more if you prefer it sweeter – personally I like to add less during the cooking as more can be added to taste afterwards)
Put all the topping ingredients into a food processor or mixer and turn on until until you have a thick mixture. Peel and slice the apples and pop into a 1.5ltr overproof dish, scatter over the blackberries and the sugar. Then just dollop over the thick mixture (don’t worry if it looks messy) and bake in the preheated oven for approx 20mins or until golden brown.
Serve with cream, creme fraiche or whatever you fancy and enjoy!